Casa Grande on the Blanco @ Shade Ranch sits on a bluff overlooking the Blanco River on the historic, tree-covered, 25-acre Shade Ranch property – all within the Wimberley Texas city limits in the Texas Hill Country!
A portion of Casa Grande was originally built in the 1870s for a pioneering family. The home was enlarged over time as the family grew. Later, the property was purchased as a weekend getaway for the family of the current owners. Casa Grande now offers over 2,800 square feet of space for family entertainment and a number of improved amenities (see below).
The house was fully updated in 2013 with new flooring, paint, fixtures, sinks, tubs, etc. With two large living areas and three dining areas (2 indoor and 1 outdoor), Casa Grande is the perfect riverfront vacation home for family or large group gatherings (for up to 12 guests).
One living area is the extraordinary "River Room." Stunning views of the crystal clear Blanco River below beckon from three walls of windows. Open the windows and enjoy the sounds of the river rapids, bird songs, and scurrying squirrels. Bunk beds tucked into a sleeping alcove in the River Room provide a cozy spot for children to settle in for the evenings.
The second living area is a club-like setting wrought from the original cabin. The limestone fireplace serves as a reminder of the home's pioneer past and provides a cozy room for games or movies when the nights are cool or the days are rainy. You will enjoy relaxing in the room's pleasant and calming atmosphere.
The spacious master suite includes a king size bed, a comfortable sitting area, television, and a sleeper sofa if more sleeping space is needed.
Casa Grande has so much to offer with its fully equipped kitchen, multiple open dining areas, and two additional bedrooms (one furnished with a queen-size bed and the other with two comfortable twin beds). There is plenty of space - and privacy - for large groups.
Located just off the River Room, you will find a wonderful, large outdoor hot tub overlooking the Blanco River. It is a private place to unwind while admiring the brilliant stars above and the murmuring headwaters of the Upper Blanco River below. Follow the limestone steps near the hot tub down to the 513 feet of private river access below.
Casa Grande has recently been transformed with updated furnishings and child friendly amenities.
For detailed rates by date please visit our HomeAway/VRBO listing.
To check availability, visit our on-line calendar that is up to date.
Contact us today to book your vacation lodging!
We welcome your questions and queries. Please contact us at email@example.com or 832.640.4617.
Recently redecorated in 2013.
Dens/Beds & Baths:
• 2 large dens (one has the primary TV and the other is the large “River Room” with wrap around windows and views and sounds of the river).
• Wood burning fireplace in den
• 3 Bedrooms: Master suite with king bed, two guest rooms one with queen bed, and the other with 2 twin beds
• River Room has sleeping area with bunk beds and day bed with trundle
• Twin size roll-a-way bed
• Pack n Play available upon request
• 2 full baths with shampoo and liquid soap provided
• Ample supply of towels & linens and paper products
• Hair dryer
• Breakfast area table with 4 chairs
• Dining area table with 8 chairs
• High chair
• Kitchen is fully equipped with dishes, cookware and all cooking and eating utensils
• Full size refrigerator with freezer
• Microwave oven
• Electric stove & oven
• Coffee maker (with coffee, creamer and sugar provided)
• Electric blender
• Filtered drinking water and ice in kitchen
Entertainment and Communications:
• Wood burning fireplace in den
• 2 televisions with DirecTV, one of which has DVR, VHS/DVD players
• Additional television in River Room with DVD/VHS players
• CD/iPod player with AM/FM radio
• Telephone with US long distance included
• Wireless high speed internet access
• Adult and child puzzles, books, games, and movies provided
• Iron & ironing board
• Washer & dryer
• 513 feet of private recreational river frontage for wading, swimming, fishing, canoeing,kayaking and tubing
• Outdoor hot tub
• Propane BBQ grill on flagstone patio with outdoor table and chairs
• Bocce Ball court, horse shoe pit and stone fire pit with benches
• Spacious open picnic area on banks of Blanco River
• Please bring your beach towels, water shoes and floats for the river. (Sometimes tubes and floats will be left at the house for guest use.)